As a realtor, you work closely with your clients to make sure everything goes smoothly from the minute they contact you about buying or selling a house until they sign all the paperwork at the mortgage closing. But how do you maintain a professional relationship with clients after the closing so that the next time they need a realtor they contact you first? Here are five ways to connect with clients, soon after the closing and months later, so that they think of you the next time they, a friend, or family member needs a realtor.
- Call Soon after the Mortgage Closing – If you do not attend the mortgage closing in person, then call your clients later the same day or the next day to find out whether everything happened according to their expectations. This shows that you care beyond getting your commission, and also makes you aware of any issues that arose so these can be avoided in the future.
- Give a Memorable Gift – If you’re like a lot of realtors, you deliver or send a gift to your buyers and sellers soon after the closing. For the buyers, it’s customary to give them a housewarming gift to celebrate their new home. When doing so, instead of giving a bottle of champagne or gift certificate to a home goods store, give them something that they will keep for a long time. How about a decorative fruit bowl, a nice piece of cookware, or a set of coffee mugs? These are items that will remind them of you every time they see or use them.
- Send a Feedback Survey – Soon after each closing, follow up with your clients to get valuable feedback. Not only will you gain insights about what you’re doing right and ways you can improve, but this lets the clients know that you care about their experience and want it to be the best it can be every time. Surveys can be done via mail, email, or online applications that let you easily create and send surveys over the Internet.
- Send Emails and Newsletters – After each closing, be sure the client is added to your email marketing list so that they get any regular emails you send. Try to make sure these emails contain useful information such as general information about your area that would interest new residents, decorating or ideas for DIY projects for new homebuyers, or housing statistics for the area so that residents can keep up with the value of their home and housing trends where they live. You may want to also send your past clients newsletters in the mail, but consider doing this less frequently than emails, perhaps quarterly rather than monthly, as some clients may get tired of getting unsolicited mail that they eventually have to discard too often.
- Mail Cards on Special Occasions – Personalized cards can be more effective than impersonal emails and newsletters, especially if you send them to mark special occasions, such as birthdays, wedding anniversaries or the anniversaries of when they moved into their new homes. Your past clients will appreciate your thoughtfulness, and might remember you and the personalized attention that you gave them when they or someone they know needs a realtor.
Acuity Real Estate Solutions
We take special care to ensure that we provide real estate agents with the quality title services they need to keep the ball rolling. To learn more about how Acuity National Real Estate Solutions, LLC can help you achieve a hassle-free close, please contact us today!